Saturday, June 5, 2010

Tomorrow's Race and Weekly Update

Just a few days ago I signed up to do the Olympic Distance triathlon at Deer Creek State park tomorrow. This will be only my second Olympic triathlon ever!!! Last year I did one at the end of the season, and finished in 3 hr 8 min and 33 sec. Of course I want to beat that time tomorrow, but I'd REALLY like to finish under 3 hours - 2:59:59 would be fine with me. :) I don't know much about the course, so I'll just have to go with the flow. I've tried out my new wetsuit twice now - this past Monday and last night. I really like it! I just hope I'm not too warm while swimming and I hope I don't get stuck in it when I try to pull it off. The forecast is calling for rain, so there's something else I'll have to deal with. (I don't like to bike on wet roads.) Tonight I'll be driving to Columbus to stay the night at my cousin's house, and then early tomorrow I'll drive the rest of the way to Deer Creek. We used to go there for boating / vacations as a kid - I hope my race will be just as fun!

Weekly Workouts for May 29 - June 4

Sat - Bike 34.5 miles
Sun - Run 8.15 miles
Mon - Bike 29 miles and Swim 550 yds (first time in wetsuit)
Tue - off
Wed - Run 4.1 miles
Thur - Bike 60 minutes (inside on trainer)
Fri - Run 3.13 miles and Swim 1050 yds

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Except for the rain delaying your ride, I bet you can come in under 3 hrs - get em!

    ReplyDelete