Friday, February 25, 2011

snow day

February
12 - Run 9 miles outside, 1 hr 33 min
13, 14, 15, 16, and 17 - off SICK
18 - Run 11 miles outside, 2 hr 11 min
19 - rest
20 - Run 2.5 miles on treadmill, 27:45
21 - Bike 1 hr 35 min on trainer, 26 miles
22 - Swim 1400 yds, 29:33
23 - Run 5 miles on indoor track, 49:49
24 - Bike 1 hr on trainer, 15.5 miles AND Swim 1500 yds, 31 min

I was so sick, I could barely move for a few days. Thankfully, I didn't miss any of my long runs though. The weather was so nice on Fri Feb 18 that I decided to not only do my 11 miler alone, but also 2 days early. I was very slow, but I'm glad I took advantage of the warm sunny day! I even passed a guy in shorts and short sleeves. (I still wore a long sleeve top and my running pants.)

My boys are now taking swimming lessons two evenings a week. Since they are in the same class (age 6 and up - level 4), I discovered that I can swim my laps at the same time!!! So, I have about 40 min to push through as many laps as I can - while half watching my boys in the lane next to me. :-) It's fun to hear "Hi Mommmy!" as I'm mid lap, taking a breath.

Today we are in the middle of another snow storm, and of course the schools are closed. I had planned to go run 4 miles on the indoor track at the Nat, but I don't think my van will make it down our cul-de-sac street. (which of course has NOT been plowed yet) Guess I need to talk myself into heading into the basement for a treadmill run now.

Sunday I'm scheduled to run 13 miles. Not sure how that's going to happen with all of this snow? Monday's forecast shows a high of 53. Maybe my 13 miler will be a day late.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm... 13 miles on a treadmill? Maybe you could do half of that indoors and half outdoors on Sunday.

    We are getting clobbered with snow today, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you were able to get out yesterday for a nice 13! Glad to hear you are feeling better and how fun that you can swim next to the boys!

    ReplyDelete