Friday, September 24, 2010

Goals for tomorrow's half marathon


Tomorrow is the Akron Marathon and I will be running 13.1 miles, the half marathon. This will be my fourth half mary (well, my fifth if you include the Rev3 half.) My first ever was Akron in '08 - 2:15, then Stomp the Grapes in '08 - 2:30, then Cleveland in '09 - 2:07. (Rev3 was 2:29) Of course, I want to beat my time from when I ran this same race in 2008, but I'd really like a PR! A 2:03 would be really nice. :)

But then again, I've only run 3 times since the half iron two weeks ago - a total of 10 miles. Ha! I should be happy with just finishing tomorrow.

My plan is to try to stay ahead of the pace group for the 4:15 marathon. (Maybe I'll even try to stay with the 4 hr marathon group.) The marathon course is the same up until mile 11. So, I'd only have 2 miles without the pacer.

When I'm done running I plan to ride my bike around the remainder of the marathon course so that I can cheer on others running the whole thing, especially my friend Julia. :-) Go Julia!

Weekly workouts

Sept 16 - Run 3 miles (off the rest of the week!) I was just happy when I could walk both up AND down the stairs again. :-)

Sept 17 - 24
Fri - off
Sat - off
Sun - off
Mon - Run 4.04 miles
Tue - Bike ~15 miles
Wed - Swim 1250 yds
Thur - Run 3 miles
Fri - off

4 comments: