Monday, March 8, 2010

Shamrock Run 15K Race Report

What a great March day for running! Yesterday it was 40 degrees and sunny for the noon start of the Shamrock Run. We began and finished at Woodridge HS in Cuyahoga Falls. The first few miles took us down, down, down, into the Cuyahoga Valley National Park and then of course we came back up out of the park. There was a 5k in addition to the 15k, so there were hundreds of runners. Minus the blister I noticed on my left arch around mile 5, I was very pleased with how the day went.

Total Time - 1:29:05
Average Pace - 9:30

Mile Splits
1 - 8:36
2 - 8:54
3 - 8:50
4 - 9:20
5 - 11:21 big uphill
6 - 10:01
7 - 10:00
8 - 9:42
9 - 9:39
.32 - 2:39

Avg Heart Rate - 173

This is the first time I got to wear my Garmin for a real road race. I loved seeing the graph of information that I downloaded after the race. I am able to compare the elevation, to my pace and my heart rate.

3 comments:

  1. It was good to see you yesterday! Congratulations on such a great time as well. It finally felt like race season was starting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kim - I don't know how the heck I came across your blog but it was the first site that came up in my search engine and I recognized your name - even the new name. Anyhow, looks like we'll both be racing the St. Malachi this Saturday and a few other this year. We'll have to try to catch up after the race. I'm not much of a talker pre-race. Catch up later. Denise Turner (Kraska) denisekraska@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it was not until the last 6 months or so that I ever used my HRM. Now that I have been looking at it for awhile and using it as a training tool, I have found it to be so valuable!

    Great going to you on the tough course!

    ReplyDelete