Friday, May 15, 2009

Goals for Cleveland 1/2 Marathon

The current forecast for Sunday is mostly cloudy with a low of 46 degrees and a high of 54 degrees. There's only a 10% chance of rain. I'd have to say, that's pretty good. Unlike the 10 Miler a few weeks ago, we don't have to worry about being too hot! However I'm left with the dilemma of what to wear. We start at 7 AM, and I hope to be done by about 9:15 (part of the goal.) So, it will probably only be about 50 degrees during most of my running time. I'm leaning towards capris and a light weight long sleeve running top. I'm most comfortable in running shorts and a tank top, but there's no way I can do that. The capris are new, and I've only run in them once, so I'm worried that after 10 miles they might not be as comfortable as I'd like. ?? My under armour would be too hot though. Hmmmm.

Anyhow, back to my goals...

I've run two 1/2 marathons - both were last fall. At Akron I finished in 2:15:18, and at the Stomp the Grapes I finished in 2:30:07.

Of course I want to be under 2:30, and I would REALLY like to be under 2:15. A finish time of 2:13 would be nice (10:10 pace.) I would LOVE to finish at 2:10 (9:55 pace.)

I don't really know what to expect. A BIG goal is to finish without any injuries or bad pains. My first outdoor tri of the year is in just THREE weeks. I've signed up, paid, and prepared to beat last year's time on that one. :-) I'd hate to push it too hard this weekend and jepordize all of my summer triathlons. The tris are more important to me than a fast 1/2 marathon. BUT - I'd also hate to not try hard on Sunday. I'm torn. How hard I end up running on Sunday will probably be left to how I'm feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment