Friday, December 3, 2010

No more blank calendar

Having nothing on the race calendar for 2011 was difficult. Problem solved. I'm now signed up for two races and laying everything out for the training. Much better.

First up - my longest running race ever - a 25k. It's called Forget the PR and it's held on trails in Mohican, Ohio on Sunday April 17, 2011. I hear it's hilly. So hilly, that we might be using our hands to help us up a hill - called "Big Ass Hill" on the map the race director made. Ha. Oh, and after I signed up I realized that even though this is called a 25k, which should be 15.5 miles, it's actually 17.11 miles! Should be fun though. I'm running this with several of the Grunt Girls and we're staying in a cabin in Mohican the night before the race.

Here is a beautiful covered bridge that we'll get to run through:

My plan is that this 25k (17.11 miles) should lead me nicely into my first marathon.

I haven't signed up yet, but hopefully later this month I will commit to the Cleveland Marathon on Sunday May 15. :-)

During the summer I will probably do 3 Olympic distance triathons again - Deer Creek, Caesar Creek, and the Greater Cleveland Triathon which leads me to the next race I signed up to do...

The Cedar Point Rev3 HALF (70.3) - again! I want to beat my time from last year and try to get under 6 1/2 hours! This race is Sunday September 11, 2011.


I'm very happy to have a plan!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a plan! I love how they call it forget the PR. That must mean a really tough course LOL!

    ReplyDelete